Saturday, September 22, 2007

Trancendent Gypsy Socks


This one project has been with me since April of this year. I bought some lovely sock yarn at my local yarn shop, "Winter Eclipse" is a variegated mauve-purple-grey-midnightblue affair that does indeed look a little winter-eclipse-y. I cast on toe#1 back in the cold snowy spring in kemptville, got around to turning the heel on a warm evening in June, started the ankle the week before moving on board the boat. I finally had time to finish Sock One and am a quarter of the way up Sock Two. These socks will be a birthday present for my older daughter, who must continue to trudge the Canadian Snows. At least she'll do it in comfy warm socks, (and hopefully some kind of shoe!) And now I understand what earlier yarn-prophetesses mean by the phrase "Every stitch is crafted with love", it really is true. This is the second pair of socks I have knit for either of my kids, and the previous pair gave me reason to think about my children and pray for them, send them warm thoughts, good zen-like-karma, you know...hope they turn out all right! I'll be a little sad when this project ends, but am looking forward to the next: a shawl. But you don't know who it's for!

No comments: