Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fultonville NY on the Oswego Canal, The Home Stretch

Wow!
I can't believe we're almost back where we started! Kingston is only two long running days away! What a year! What weather! What great people we met! What a $H!#load of stuff we learned! And I am only starting to get excited now.
I have had lots of time, (too much, actually) to think about how this year really went, and I still find it hard to write about...divulge my feelings.
Maybe I can digress for a bit and tell you that the fellow that owned Chelonidae 25 years ago found us? He seems like an affable fellow, lives in Nelson BC in the summer (Antigua in the winter). He sent us some pictures along with a pretty good explanation of the name Chelonidae (Latin for green sea turtle)...it means to carry your home with you. My home. And I thought I could never own my own home!
Anyhow, we have had a couple of nibbles on her being for sale. Oh, yes, the asking price has been reduced to 16,992. (Only an accountant could come up with that figure!)
Well, that digression just didn't work! I'm still tongue tied. Suffice it to say I hope our great Whatever Comes Next offers as much freedom as cruising, but maybe a bit more social life, especially family. Go visiting more. See some of the plays and stage productions my siblings (and father-in-law!)are in/stage-managing.
So as our cruising days are numbered for now, especially if the boat sells, this blog will slowly come to an end. Maybe I will then blog about what is then going on in my life?
Stay tuned for at least a couple more postings...

No comments: